Hey there, I'm Greg!
I'm an independent software developer from Canada. Web development is my primary focus, but I also like to dabble with mobile apps, games, and design. Check out some of the Projects I'm working on 🧰
The best way to reach out to me is on Twitter @GregorySchier
Recent Posts 📝
Here are some things I've written about recently on the Blog.
- Indie To Acquisition
- Entrepreneurial Coder Podcast
- Blog Publishing Using iOS Shortcuts and Netlify
- Creative Pursuit
- Moving Into a 30-Liter Backpack
Top 10 Books 📚
I only started reading a couple years ago. Here are my favorites so far.
- Shoe Dog (Phil Knight)
- Chaos Monkeys (Antonio García Martínez)
- Anything You Want (Derek Sivers)
- Made to Stick (Chip and Dan Heath)
- Steve Jobs (Walter Isaacson)
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts (Susan Cain)
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running (Haruki Murakami)
- The Power of Habit (Charles Duhigg)
- The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook (Clair Davies)
- The Emperor of All Maladies (Siddhartha Mukherjee)
Favorite Things 🌟
Here are a few of the things that I can't live without.
- IntelliJ Idea – for development in all languages
- Affinity Designer – for creating vector graphics
- Newton Mail – for managing email
- 1Password – for password management
- Pacsafe VentureSafe X30 – for carrying stuff
- Softstar Slippers – for keeping my feet warm
- Vivobarefoot Shoes – for walking, hiking, and running
- AirPods Pro – for casual listening and video calls