Hey there, I'm Greg!
I’m an independent software developer from Canada. Web development is my primary focus, but I also like to dabble with mobile apps, games, and design.
The best way to reach out to me is on Twitter @GregorySchier.
I love building things. Here are some of the projects I currently maintain.
$20,000+/month aquired 🎉
A cross-platform desktop app to help software developers interact with HTTP-based APIs.
An Android app for tracking the books you want to read. Basically, a to-do list specific to books.
(beta) A 2D cross-platform adventure game with high difficulty because games are too easy these days.
(alpha) A Go web framework that makes use of dependency-injection for a delightful developer experience.
Some projects don’t stand the test of time. Here are a few that I’ve had to shut down for various reasons.
A mobile/web app to help people find the best food in the city. It contained full restaurant menus, prices, etc, and users could upload photos.
Shut down because we ran out of funding and couldn’t generate revenue.
An Android app for displaying bus schedules for Victoria Canada before Google Maps had transit directions.
Shut down because Google Maps Transit now exists.
The first real website I made. I built many BMX ramps growing up made this site to teach others how to do the same. It had step-by-step instructions, materials lists, and 3D renders of each step.
Shut down because I lost the code.
My Favorite Things
- IntelliJ Idea – for development in all languages
- Affinity Designer – for creating vector graphics
- Newton Mail – for managing email
- 1Password – for storing passwords
- Pacsafe VentureSafe X30 – for carrying stuff
- 13” MacBook Pro non-touchbar – for portable working
- Softstar Slippers – for keeping my feet warm
- Vivobarefoot Shoes – for walking, hiking, and running